I’ve updated Gerrit from 2.11.5 to the latest release 2.12.2. These are the user-visible highlights:
- New Submit Whole Topic setting: All changes belonging to the same topic will be submitted at the same time. Currently disabled because it’s still experimental but I will enable this once it’s considered stable.
- Support for GPG Keys and signed pushes. You can add your GPG key in Gerrit and git push –signed to use this. This should work right now – but doesn’t for me at least. If you have more success, let me know. 🙂
- New search operators, e. g. author:, committer:, commentby: and a few others.
- Your preferences for editing and diff presentation can now be configured in your user settings.
- Gerrit’s in-line editor has now support for Emacs and Vim key maps.
- There are several new API calls available for those using their own Gerrit clients (yes, I’m looking at you, Kylie McClain! 😉 ).
You can find the complete release notes for the Gerrit versions here:
As for Jenkins, I’ve updated it to 1.652 as well. Nothing spectacular there but some bug fixes in the backend mostly; including two security fixes.
The full changelog can be found here.
P. S.: If you’re from Germany, specifically from Baden-Württemberg, Rheinland-Pfalz or Sachsen-Anhalt: STOP READING THIS AND GO TO CAST YOUR VOTE. I did.
P. P. S.: If you (want to) vote for the AfD or other fascist parties: Please let me know. I like to know my enemies.
|I am and have been working on quite a few F/OSS projects: